I had a great chat with the boys from First Off The Bike the other day, following my win at the Sunshine Coast 70.3. You know I’m not usually a big talker, but full points to Phil Wrochna – he asked some great questions and got me to open up about a heap of different topics.
In the interview we went in-depth on:
- The importance of finding a balance between home/personal life and training
- Starting with my new coach, Daniel Plews, and what that’s meant for me
- Why it’s good to listen to your body when it comes to training and recovery
- Flying under the radar (or trying to) with the media
- Why it’s good to be careful what you say when you come across the line – those throwaway lines can come back to haunt you!
- What IM Kona looks and feels like from a first-timer’s perspective.
It was a great interview – my segment kicks off at about 31:00. Enjoy!
PS. Thanks to the boys from Firstoffthebike.com. I don’t know anyone else who could get away with comparing Ironman athletes to lollipops – big heads and skinny bodies – but if you decide to market those IM Bobbleheads… sign me up!
If you haven’t already done so, sign up now for some great little insights delivered free into your inbox.